[Edu-sig] 3d goggles -- any recommendations

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Wed Feb 9 18:57:54 CET 2005

Hi Hans --

On the low end, price-wise, I was able to snag a stack of red/blue stereo
glasses from a local 3D museum.  They're basically cardboard with cellophane
color filters, and I got mine for free.  I expect they'd typically go for
well under a euro in bulk.

And I obtained these glasses specifically for a demonstration involving
VPython.  I wanted my OSCON 2004 audience to experience a rhombic
triacontahedron floating out in front of the big screen on which I was
projecting.  The illusion was very effective, with people going oooooo,
ahhhhhh.

Kirby