[Edu-sig] Design Patterns

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Aug 27 15:37:38 CEST 2005

I did put a ;) after my comment on information hiding - taking the
opportunity to be a bit glib, and knowing it.

But still to me, OOP theory is just that - theory.  In certain domains, it
may be the best we have - so we go with it.  In other circumstances, every
decision can be purposeful and specific to the problem at hand, and the
actual and concrete can overrule the theoretical.

It's a matter of knowing where one is in a specific circumstance, I guess.

Separating these matters in an educational setting is more than problematic.