[Edu-sig] OK, time for 2.4

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sun Oct 24 21:02:05 CEST 2004

> Did for me, but I wasn't using IDLE.

Even in a command window it's not working for me:

C:\Documents and Settings\Kirby>d:\python24\python
Python 2.4b1 (#57, Oct 15 2004, 15:23:38) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> help(decimal)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'decimal' is not defined

Could it be that my Python23 version in d:\python23, and in the Windows
PATH, is intercepting some boot process?

Anyone else out there using Python 2.4b1 on Windows?

> >  DESCRIPTION
> >      This is a Py2.3 implementation of decimal floating point
> >  arithmetic based on the General Decimal Arithmetic Specification:
> >
> > Why Py2.3?  Just an oversight?
>
> What else could it be? :-)

Py2.4 or Py2.4b1?