[Edu-sig] RE: "Croquet Project" and Python ?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 24 15:56:13 CEST 2004

I don't tend toward an activist stance on many issues, really. Mostly
because I don't reach conclusions very easily - trying to have due respect
for complexity. And additionally because I think folks have the right to
pursue (within reasonable bounds) their self-interest, undisturbed by a lot
of moralizing.

And were Kay pursuing HPs dominance in convergent media, and pulling down
seven figures a year for it - swell for him and HP.

But in the realm in which we are dealing - education - things are a bit
different.  It is a profession, not a business. And though it has not
developed a formal code of conduct - as for example the legal profession,
there is, as far as I am concerned, an implicit code of conduct.  I feel Kay
has breached that implicit code.

The end.