[Edu-sig] Re: A better way?

Jeff Sandys sandysj at juno.com
Mon Nov 22 23:46:19 CET 2004

I showed this thread at the SeaPIG meeting and we
talked about handling attributes.  I pointed out
that the dot is an operator and that you can have
a space between the dot, and the group didn't
believe me until they tried it.

>>> s = "my string"
>>> s . split()
['my', 'string']

I think by showing the students that dot is an
operator helps them understand what is going on
and they might not be so concerned about making
the long variable and method dotted chains.

Thanks,
Jeff Sandys