[Edu-sig] Question ?

denis denis.spir at free.fr
Wed Apr 21 07:12:36 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Catherine Letondal <letondal at pasteur.fr>
To: <edu-sig at python.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Edu-sig] Question ?

<snip>

> > An immediate follow-up I was going to ask:
> >
> > a. [What is the opposite of programming?]
> > b. Is there / can there be such a thing?
> >

> My personal opinion is that there is no such a thing - programming -
> although everyone in this group "knows" what programming "is". It's
polysemic!
> (Nietzsche said that only things that have no history can be defined :-))
>
> Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center

What is the opposite of  "modelizing" ?
I see programming as a subset of modelizing. A rather large subset if one
includes descriptive code like tool machine progs or html pages. A narrower
one if 'real' programming only deals with processes, one step after one,
that is in 4-dimensional (with time) systems.
Anyway, modelizing is a rather common activity : when don't we modelize ?

denis