[Edu-sig] re: PyCon 2004 Proposals for Presentations...

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Sep 27 16:06:06 EDT 2003

Jeff writes:

>There seemed to be significant interest when last I asked about this.  I
>will be submitting two proposals myself.  Who else is interested in
>working with me to plan for this?  Who is willing to do a presentation?

As I had mentioned, I hope to do something on PyGeo.

The creation of PyGeo as an adventure in self-education? Maybe trying to
explore the concept of self-education itself - and Python, and Open Source
and Google.  What would it take to more actively help people to learn to
learn with these kinds of never-before-available kind of resources.

or

PyGeo, more simply, as something of potential interest to folks involved in/
interested in Python and Education?

Some combination, probably.

Right now I'm swamped trying to make ends meet - like many of us I'm sure.
But I have to believe there will be a break in the action that will allow me
to put together a proposal sometime between now and 12/1.

Not sure I'm the right personality type to help with planning.  What kind of
planning do you think is involved, beyond soliciting proposals?

For best effect, I think that the solicitation might be a little pro-active.
That is, actually contacting folks who have interesting stuff out there, and
encouraging them to propose. Rather than leaving it to a general
announcement.

Is that appropriate?