[Edu-sig] How to explore Tkinter interactively with IDLE 1.0

Gregor Lingl glingl at aon.at
Fri Sep 26 00:45:52 EDT 2003

Kirby Urner schrieb:

>Hi Gregor --
>

>>Shortly, learn how Tkinter works
>>
>>2. Using turtle-graphics

>I'm able to accomplish the following without trouble:

Hi Kirby,
this definitely doesn't work on my machine (Windows XP with Python 3.2)
 after having typed up() the turtle window is created, but it remains behind
the IDLE window. I click the corresponting taskbar-button, see the
turtle-window and after a few seconds there appears the message
"keine ruecklmeldung" (something like "no response") in the title-bar of
the turtle window. I cant't draw in that window - but, yes, i can close
it with shell-restart.
What's going on?
Gregor