[Edu-sig] re: An outline I'm using

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:17:31 -0500

Dethe writes -

>Have you seen PythonPoint[1]?  It's a pythonic alternative to
>PowerPoint, and there's a reStructuredText[2] project to create[3]
>PythonPoint slides from a (lightly marked-up) text document.

Good suggestion.  I'm finding reStructuredText a very practical tool for
doing documentation.  The light mark-up goes a long way, and the list of
output possibilities continues to grow. Kirby might find that preparing his
presentation in reStructuredText will allow him, for example, to use it in
PythonPoint, and publish it on the web as html, or "do sutff" with it as xml
output, all from the same marked up document.

Art