[Edu-sig] edu-sig page revamped

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:17:16 -0700

At 02:56 PM 7/18/2003 -0400, Beth Platt wrote:
>Once again, an excellent resource from Kirby. However, I'm curious as to why
>macpython wasn't included?

Tell me more.  When I test installed macpython at my daughters school,
on an iMac running OS9 (I think it was), it installed Tcl and used
a version of IDLE as the shell GUI.  It didn't seem to color-code the
syntax though.

Is there a different GUI shell for OS9, not based on Tcl?  Pardon
my ignorance of Macworld.

Kirby

PS:  seemed like the Apple PowerBook (or is it called an iBook) was
about the most popular choice of laptop with the Open Source geeks
at OSCON.