[Edu-sig] Re: Would a simplified Python UI for MiddleSchool students

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:03:01 +0000

>Of course, the absolute basics necessary for turtle graphics leave
>me torn.

You might want to look at pygsear (http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/)
which is built on python and pygame.

It is more intended to get kids interested in programming by having
them create games, but one of the first things I made was a turtle
graphics module (actually, it's a penguin  ;o)  Look in examples.

There is no gui yet, but I have been thinking about adding one....

>but to what extent would it obscure the objectofied beauty of the
>language?

I'd say no more so than printing out "hello world" or your name or other
strange t3xt tricks.  Should we forsake output altogether?  :o)