[Edu-sig] re: PyGeo distribution progress.

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:19:47 -0500

>I'm proceedding to work on my own VPython distro - using distutils, and
>handling it "as if" there were might be other uses for Python other than to
>script Mr. Sherwood's students pictures.

Actually, the Windows compiled version is a no-brainer.

My problem is a distro suitable for other platforms, as VPython does need to
be compiled.  PyGeo is pure Python, so the issue did not arise doing PyGeo
stand-alone.

I consider Linux a probably more legitimate platform in an educational
environment than Windows.  So I would not be interested a distro that was
not Linux friendly.

And though I truly was an early Linux adapter/explorer (as a user - only
blew up one video card trying to get XFree up when you still had to set
video card and monitor info by hand) I've been away from it for a good
while. Were time not an issue - I'd have a Linux box going, testing
everything related to PyGeo on it.

Well this issue might push me there.  Probably for the best.

Art