[Edu-sig] Oregon Curriculum

Javier Escobar jiescobar@net-uno.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:35:33 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C2D21D.E3FA2020

Hi Kirby:
I would like that you could share with us how you came up with the Oregon
Curriculum.  I'm involved in teaching physics.   Learning physics involves a
lot of learning math, so I was quite interested in your aproach of math
teaching.  My wife is teaching mathematics at a woodwork institute.  I'm
considering in doing my undergraduate work at the Central University of
Caracas in teaching physics with Python.  With my wife, I'm planning to
develop a workshop on learning math with computer programing.  Are you still
working on the Oregon Curriculum home page?  Where the name "Oregon
Curriculum" comes from?  From Oregon, y supose :)  I can't get acces to the
page http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/calculus0.html  This link should
give me acces to an article about precalculus.  Other observation is that in
the linear overview page, the link Vector Algebra  takes you to
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy1.html.  Check this link, it
seems to me that there could be a mistake since numeracy2.html, the article
tittled "Getting Inventive with Vectors", better matches the topic of the
link mentioned.  Two more observations: ¿could you put your email address on
the page?  I wanted to write to you but I couldn't find your email address.
I got it reading my edu-sig mails.  I think your work is very interesting.
It would be nice if you could add links to the Linear Overview page, this
involves developing the Oregon Curriculum, I think.  It seems you´re the
only one who mantain this web site.  If this is the case, I think is hard
for you to write down the development of all the topics listed in the
overview.  Maybe you could get some help, don't you think?  Best wishes.

Sincerelly

Javier Escobar

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C2D21D.E3FA2020

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>Hi Kirby:<BR>I would like that you could share with us how you came =
up with=20
the Oregon Curriculum.&nbsp; I'm involved in teaching =
physics.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Learning physics involves a lot of learning math, so I was quite =
interested in=20
your aproach of math teaching.&nbsp; My wife is teaching mathematics at =
a=20
woodwork institute.&nbsp; I'm considering in doing my undergraduate work =
at the=20
Central University of Caracas in teaching physics with Python.&nbsp; =
With my=20
wife, I'm planning to develop a workshop on learning math with computer=20
programing.&nbsp; Are you still working on the Oregon Curriculum home=20
page?&nbsp; Where the name "Oregon Curriculum" comes from?&nbsp; From =
Oregon, y=20
supose :)&nbsp; I can't get acces to the page <A=20
href=3D"http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/calculus0.html"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/calculus0.html</A>&nb=
sp; This=20
link should give me acces to an article about precalculus.&nbsp; Other=20
observation is that in the linear overview page, the link <U>Vector=20
Algebra</U>&nbsp; takes you to <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: ES; =
mso-fareast-language: ES; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy1.html">http://www.in=
etarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy1.html</A>.&nbsp;=20
Check this link, it seems to me that there could be a mistake since=20
numeracy2.html, the article tittled "Getting Inventive with Vectors", =
better=20
matches the topic of the link mentioned.&nbsp; Two more observations: =
=BFcould you=20
put your email address on the page?&nbsp; I wanted to write to you but I =

couldn't find your email address.&nbsp; I got it reading my edu-sig =
mails.&nbsp;=20
I think your work is very interesting.&nbsp; It would be nice if you =
could add=20
links to the Linear Overview page, this involves developing the Oregon=20
Curriculum, I think.&nbsp; It seems you=B4re the only one who mantain =
this web=20
site.&nbsp; If this is the case, I think is hard for you to write down =
the=20
development of all the topics listed in the overview.&nbsp; Maybe you =
could get=20
some help, don't you think?&nbsp; Best wishes.</SPAN></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerelly</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Javier Escobar</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C2D21D.E3FA2020--