[Edu-sig] re: Python Programming: An Introduction toComputerScience

Jeffrey Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Fri Dec 19 12:57:14 EST 2003

I'm afraid one of the almost certain results of any wide spread adoption
of Python in schools is that Python will be poorly taught as well :-(

I would know we had "arrived" when there is a Shelly Cashman book on
Python, and I would pitty the poor students who had to suffer through
using it.

To change that we would need to change the way curriculum is developed
and implemented, a worthy, but much more radical goal.  I believe using
free, community oriented tools like Python goes a long way toward
helping in that cause, but it is only part of it.

--
Jeffrey Elkner <jeff at elkner.net>
Open Book Project <http://ibiblio.org/obp>