[Edu-sig] re: Python Programming: An Introduction to ComputerScience

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Dec 18 20:51:20 EST 2003

Kirby writes:

>I dunno Arthur -- doesn't seem a cut and dried an issue to me.

I had recently come across this for the first time, though it is apparently
famous (and probably apocryphal):

I have been looking for an opportunity to throw it your way, but give up on
finding the proper opening.

"""
Isaac Newton's assistant at Cambridge claimed that during five years
he saw Newton laugh only once.  Newton had loaned a copy of Euclid
to an acquaintance, and the gentleman asked what use it was to study
Euclid, "upon which Sir Isaac was very merry.
"""

And VB sucks.