[Edu-sig] re: Python Programming: An Introduction toComputerScience

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sat Dec 13 19:19:06 EST 2003

Laura wrote:
> I think that a problem we have is that programming is seen to be tied to
> math, and numeracy, (as is problem solving in general) rather that
> literacy, and the arts and humanities in general.

Yes, I agree.  Another way of saying it, however, is that numeracy skills
have application in the humanities.

I like Kappraff's 'Connections:  The Geometric Bridge Between Art and
Science' (2nd edition) as a source of good programming ideas.[1]

Kirby

[1] http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/9810245866/ -- too bad
it's so spendy.