[Edu-sig] Re: Python Programming: An Introduction to ComputerScience

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Dec 13 15:23:08 EST 2003

>This would be a different design pattern from the one I've described.

>In the implementation I'm describing, the geometric object will never know
>anything about Povray or VRML or Vpython.  It doesn't output itself, but
>gets passed to a "writer" which knows how to interrogate it for the
>necessary information

That's sort of how the povexport.py that is available for Vpython works
(though I use my own 'enhanced' version of the 'official' povexport.py, same
principle, handles some neglected and newer Vpython primitives, I release it
to the Vpython folks, might have needed a tweak here or there for their
purposes, nothing happens, 2 years later, another story)

Can you envision a way to make the pattern you are describing real time and
interactive?

Maybe so, and maybe I can apply it.

Did he say interactive?

That's right, mouse clicks - am I a hypocrite or what. Or else middle
ground, middle ground.