[Edu-sig] VideoLAN - oh happy day !

Jason Cunliffe jason.cunliffe at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 22:28:42 EST 2003

http://videolan.org

Awesome video streaming software by some very smart students in Paris.

Free, cross platform and open source -- This is a brilliant toolkit which Pythonistas will surely want to inteface with. VideoLAN is one of best examples of open source programming I've seen. Puts most of the rest to shame. And thus now has a growing community of dedicated users and contrubutors...

By my reckoning, VideoLAN  is going to become THE core video streaming toolset used by people with good sense everywhere. Especially in education/lering applications

enjoy :-)

- Jason