[Edu-sig] re: Types and true division (was Re: strange output

Michael Williams michael.williams@st-annes.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:24:13 +0100

On Saturday, October 12, 2002, at 12:07 AM, Arthur wrote:

>> As I understand it, you wish there'd be some acknowledgement that
>> at some point in the evolutionary trajectory, there was a time
>> when newbie concerns seemed to weigh too heavily in the balance.
>
> Actually what I *wish* is that Michael Williams ruled the world.

Me too!

> There I am in high asshole mode, contending with Williams of the "/"
> issue.
>
> And in the course of a few exchanges he made the following clear:
>
> 1) Whether he liked or approved of me was not to a point.
> 2) That he understood my position, in substance.
> 2) That he understood my position , in substance (double credit,
> because
> that seems to be of some importance to me)

Eek! I thought I did but you seem to have got your knickers in a bit of
a twist over the course of this discussion, to the extent that no one
really knows what you're talking about anymore. Maybe we should just
drop the whole thing for the time being--the discussion has rather
stagnated.

> 5) That he took something away from the exchange that was useful to
> him.

Correct. :-)

--
Michael