[Edu-sig] Re: not quite Python - be more optimum?

Dean Goodmanson goodmansond@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:31:13 -0800 (PST)

>> not quite Python - be more optimum?

Although I can't speek for the education community,
the thought is intriguing but scary.

I went from BASIC->C->C++,Java,Python.  When I learned
of Logo I was jealous I missed out.  I have yet to
dive into functional languages.

After getting into Python and having the previous
language's concepts make more sense, I wished that I
had never visited BASIC but first learned with Python.
 I would hope programming training with Python could
be "dumbed down" enough through curriculum, not
re-write or search for a more obscure (most likely
unmarketable) language.

But, there may be the need for another toy/educational
language.  ABC, anyone?

(If your feeling testy, please don't take my vague
adjectives as taunts, but simple attempts at brevity.)

-- Dean
http://pycs.net/sqr