[Edu-sig] OnLisp

Dethe Elza delza@mac.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:41:38 -0800

You can download Paul Graham's out-of-print book On Lisp.  I found out
about this from an interesting weblog called "Everything Burns"
(http://jimfl.tensegrity.net/), which had this to say about it:

<quote>
I esteem OnLisp  to be one of the most well-written, compelling books I
have encountered on any topic in computing. This is no mean praise
considering various works by one Stanford Professor name of Knuth. You
don't really have to care much about Lisp or its variants to enjoy this
book, though you should, at least, be able to tolerate topics which
arise from the peculiarities in Lisp-shaped languages. Familiarity with
Lisp will serve a programmer in any language anyway.

Sadly, OnLisp is out of print, but you can download it free of charge.
You will be missing only the weight of the dense paperback in your
hands, the attractive cover, and the few figures sprinkled throughout.
</quote>

http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisptext.html

--Dethe

--