[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] Girls, women and Programming (- and Python)

Dethe Elza delza@mac.com
20 Aug 2002 09:41:32 -0700

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 20:29, Jason Cunliffe wrote:
> My wife thinks we should develop love-oriented programming..

One of my personal back-burner project is to write a book called
"Programming for the Fun of It," but around the house I call it
"Programming for the Daniela of It," because I test my ideas on my
non-techie wife.  If I can get her interest and keep it, showing her how
and *why* programming can be useful and fun, then I should be able to do
the same for anyone, or so the theory goes.

I'm also working on my 5-year old daughter now that her reading skills
have gotten to the point that she can handle most words after brief
exposure to them.  My 2-year old son is still safe, but my mom is
arriving soon and she's already gone from a techno-phobe who couldn't
turn on her first computer to teaching Photoshop and digital
photography, so look out.

--Dethe