[Edu-sig] Send email using qmail.

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:30:06 -0700

I posted before about this one.. and I hope it is not too off-topic. As you
know I like to share tools which I find  relevent and intersting tio Pyth
and Edu-Sig.

Recently I have been experimenting with Rebol, a veryclever collaborative
language/toolkit designed for distributed internet applications.
Idiosyncratic, minimal and stylish, it does some things very nicely indeed,
especially message passing between many internet protocols.

It also has a very ingenious graphical uer interface extension called
Rebol/View .. fun to play with, food for thought... It makes as a viable
hands-on model to consider for Edu-sig sahred workspaces, and relative to
the excellent Pythoncard developments.

PYTHON EMAIL ???
Rebol might offer a nice model/alternative for Pythoneers needing easy email
handling and more..

Example: to send an email including the contents of web page

>>> send fred@example.com read http://www.rebol.com

www.rebol.com

Rebol/Core         Free for non-comercial use

Rebol/View         Free for non-commercial use [basic GUI]
Rebol/View/Pro     US$49.00 for non-commercial use [more]

For some Rebol/View syntax check out the docs:
http://www.rebol.com/docs.html
http://www.rebol.com/docs/rebolintro.html

http://www.rebol.com/docs/view-guide.html
http://www.rebol.com/docs/easy-vid.html#section-1