[Edu-sig] Python in The Classroom...

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pitt.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:34:51 -0400

on 9/17/01 11:48 AM, John Fronckowiak at john@idcc.net wrote:

> I'm trying to find out some information about the use
> of Python in the classroom. I'd like to teach Python as our introductory
> programming language. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that is
> currently teaching Python and what class their teaching it in (please feel
> free to reply to my request off of the list).

We're using python in an introductory programming course at the graduate
level, "Problem-oriented Programming in Medical Informatics." Information on
the course is available at

http://jhh.cbmi.upmc.edu/pop

Note also that the links down the right side list four other college-level
courses in Python taught around the country.

Jim
James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD  <mailto:jhrsn@pitt.edu>
Associate Director of Pathology Informatics, Department of Pathology
CLSI 5807-MT, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582
voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-5934

Faculty Member in Residence, Center for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh
Suite 8084 Forbes Tower
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582
voice: 412-647-7113 | fax: 412-647-7190

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster