[Edu-sig] Periodic table

Rob rob@jam.rr.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:51:44 -0500

Jonathan Pennington wrote:

> I need to develop some software for teaching that uses the periodic
> table in a number of ways. Does anyone have the entire periodic in
> list/dictionary/tuple format (Or even delimited file)? I'd hate to
> retype everything if it's out there already.

I'd think that the periodic table would be excellently rendered using
classes. This would (I imagine) make it a relatively simple process to
write simple scripts that work with the elemental attributes in a manner
consistent with our scientific understanding of their natural behavior.

However, I haven't done it. I tend to write more Useless Python. 3;->

Rob
--
Aw, c'mon.... You indent ANYWAY!
Useless Python!