[Edu-sig] Re: Lisp vs Scheme vs Python

Matthias Felleisen matthias@rice.edu
Mon, 28 May 2001 13:40:07 -0500 (CDT)

  And now I understand what you meant by Guido and stack management
  -- yes, when using recursion, I rely on whatever language
  implementation to keep track of the process.

:-) [I knew you'd see the mistakes of your way eventually. And you also
understand that "subtitution" leads to vacuous claims.]

Of course, if lambda were to bind variables properly, you could always teach
continuation-passing style and get away with closures, rather than stacks.
Well, that's for PPython (or Parenthesized Python to do).

And once kids understand that, nothing stands in their wau of generating
interactive CGI scripts from interactive programs. (Hey, why not turn IDLE
into an interactive CGI script that way?)

-- Matthias