[Edu-sig] Reversi

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Thu, 24 May 2001 13:15:25 -0400

I must have missed the Reversi post...

I would love to get this code. Trying to get my 8th grader(14) to starting
working in Python and Zope. I work across the street from Digital Creations
in Fredericksburg, Virginia - the new home of python.org - and would love
for him to get more involved with those tools and shoot for some wonderful
LOCAL opportunities in the future. We also use Zope and Python extensively
in the group I am in working at the local newspaper...The Free Lance-Star
(www.fredericksburg.com) which is all done in Zope (the web side.)  I can
almost guarantee a job at the paper for him if I could get him interested in
those tools.

My other 3 kids (8,11,13) work on the PC and can navigate and play games,
etc. but have shown no programming interest. My son has been programming
since he was 8 in QBasic and then on to Visual Basic 5 and now 6. All self
taught. He has done some neat things but I would like to get him (them) more
involved in web technologies.

So, bottom line, I would like the Reversi code if possible, and suggestions
and directions for getting my 'gang' interested in Python. BTW, we home
school all four and I would like to have some curriculum to use to teach
programming to them. Any suggestions there are appreciated as well.

THANKS!!!

Allen Schmidt
Programmer/Analyst for
Northern VA Community College