[Edu-sig] Raytressi - another few words

Arthinator@aol.com Arthinator@aol.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:57:12 EST

Raytressi - the open source Python scripted raytracer I had
posted up about:

The distribution includes Python 1.5.2/Tk8.0, with, of couse, the
Raytressi C++ compiled against it.

Took Guido's advice re: the Lightflow thread - compiled the C++
under Windows against Python2.0.  All is well, so that I now
have a Python2.0 scriptable raytracer in a single .dll.  Pleasing.

Agree with Mark that the Pov-ray export utility for VPython works
great, but since the raytracing I would be doing is fairly basic, and
Raytressi looks quite competent - and can be part of a compact ,
self-contained Python-centric graphics exploration environment with
VPython or PyOpenGL the dynamic/real-time piece...

Have not yet responded to Guido's request for a edu-sig blurb
on Raytressi - assume no one else has.  Confronting French language
and French educational system ignorance.  But will follow-up
once I get a little more familiar with Raytressi functionality, with something
general enough to avoid the possiblitiy of having edu-sig page
stating something inaccurately.

ART