[Tutor] Re: [Edu-sig] RE: [Idle-dev] IDLE's save-before-run r equirement

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:27:51 -0700

At 11:16 AM -0700 6/20/01, Israel Evans wrote:
>I'd just like to say that I love IDLE.  It's the only thing I do Python in.
>It's also the First tool that has made me comfortable with an interactive
>interpreter.  Emacs just frightens me! Vim is Spooky! IDLE is just right!

This really isn't on-topic, but it's one of my favorite stories, so
bear with me. :)

My husband, Rick Moen, is an avid vi user. Once, when he was
entertaining Richard Stallman (for those who may not know, the author
of emacs), Rick teased RMS by saying, "I hope you don't mind sitting
next to a vi user."

RMS responded, "we of the Church of emacs believe that use of vi is
not a sin, but rather penance."

--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com    http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time.... Is infinite time. You... are finite....