[Edu-sig] re: programming for artists

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 08:57:10 -0700

on 01/6/9 08:28 AM, Arthur Siegel at ajs@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>  My carreer counseling - pay
> attention in math class.

I find it's interesting that kids are teaching each other linear algebra (at
least matrix manipulation) to use in animation after finding math too boring
in school.  I think that even if math isn't a focus for the Contagious Fun
project, there should at minimum be a chapter devoted to the math you need
for multimedia.  Perhaps you'd be interested in taking this on?

I like the idea of creating a showcase to inspire kids to learn more (math
and other things).  I don't see it as duplicative of the Resources CD,
rather I would hope that as our project matures it might be included on the
Resources CD.

"We are all resources, so we might as well get good at it."

--

Dethe Elza
Chief Mad Scientist