[Edu-sig] Python resources CD available

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:41:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> We definitely need to improve the software section of the CD to make it more
> complete and uniform in its presentation. We've include Pysol and VPython in
> addition to the Python 2.1 distributions for Win, Linux, and Mac. There are
> certainly many more third-party programs and modules that could be added.

Is it practical and possible to have pydoc's help() function autoloaded by
bundling a modified interpreter?  There was some discussion about a
feature like this on the tutor mailing list.  Having help() autoloaded
like this would be helpful for students: they'd be able to look at the
Python documentation more easily, without always having to type:

    from pydoc import help

all the time.