[Edu-sig] Re: Python comes to Henry Sibley H.S.

Rob Wall rwall@bsd.sk.ca
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:22:54 -0600

Since this is my first official posting to the Python edu-sig list, let
me start with a hearty hello to everyone. I have not contributed to the
list, but I feel I have learned a great deal from it, for which I am
greatful.

I teach Computer Science at North Battleford Comprehensive High School.
We are in the process of changing our teaching languages from BASIC and
RealBASIC on a Mac platform to Python and Java on a Linux platform. As
we are going through the semester, I will be putting assignments up at
our website at http://ogimow.bsd.sk.ca:8080/compsci - the Python stuff
is done in Computer Science 20, but if you are using Python to teach
OOP, you may find some of the Computer Science 30 assignments useful as
well. If anyone has any comments on the site (powered by Zope, btw) I'd
appreciate hearing from you (the obligatory e-mail link is on the web
site).

later,
rob
--
Rob Wall
Technology Coordinator, Battlefords School Division