[Edu-sig] Advanced geometry in Python

Arthinator@aol.com Arthinator@aol.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:31:39 EST

Looks interesting:

http://thames.northnet.org/weeks/index/SnapPea.html

>SnapPea is a program for creating and studying hyperbolic 3-manifolds.

For PyGeo graduates, of course

>A partially complete version of SnapPea 3.0 is now available. Thanks to
Nathan >Dunfield's advice and assistance, SnapPea 3.0 is accessible via
Python scripts >as well as through a traditional graphical user interface.
(With luck this >Python/Tk SnapPea will eventually run on Macs and PCs as
well as Linux >boxes.)

My Linux hole crops up again, so I have not gotten a look
a SnapPea's Python scripting capabilities as yet. So just giving
a cite to what looks like a serious geometry exploration tool,
reachable by Python. As it should be.

It becoming more and more commonplace to be pursuing
an interest unrelated to my interest in Python and finding Python.

ART  (from my wife's AOL account)