[Edu-sig] Beginner programs?

Alan Gauld agauld@crosswinds.net
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 18:04:06 +0000

>with functions and logic statements, was to work
> on a basic calculator and then maybe a hangman
> kind of game.

Which almost forces me(:-) to point out that my book
contains a complete worked example of a games
framework using hangman as the final example.
But it does prototype the game first without
any OO stuff. I intend putting the source on
the 'useless python' site once I comment it
(for the book the comments were in the text...)

The chapter in question also suggests some other games
that fir the framework - minesweeper, mastermind,
rock,paper, scissors...

Speaking of which the 'useless python' site may be a rich source of ideas...

Alan G.