[Edu-sig] would you use PythonCard?

fcy@acm.org fcy@acm.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:31:26 -0500

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 08:17:04AM -0700, Kevin Altis wrote:
> I would like to get a feel for how many users on the edu-sig list are even
> remotely interested in PythonCard?

I looked into PythonCard after your first announcement.  Here's the
impression I got:

  + Visit site on SourceForge.  Look at "screenshots" page.  Seems to be a
    GUI builder.  Yawn.

  + Follow link to "Samples 2" page.  Now these "turtle" applications
    look more interesting.  But there's no hint as to how one develops
    such applications.

  + Follow link to "requirements" document.  It seems to sketch GUI
    elements to appear in the user interface.  But I get no feel for
    what PythonCard really _does_.

So, I wait for the project to mature a bit and provide more useful
information about its goals.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370