[Python Edinburgh] Criton Apps

ron.crawford at critonapps.com ron.crawford at critonapps.com
Mon Jan 8 11:52:34 EST 2018

Hi all,

I hope you are well? I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to post something like
this to the group but just to be clear – we are Criton Apps – a start up
based in Codebase in Edinburgh and not a recruitment agency or agency
recruiters.

I’m tasked with the (currently) difficult job of finding python developers
for our expanding development team based in Codebase in Edinburgh.

We are currently recruiting someone to take ownership of a distribution
based project, a mix of development and dev ops along with contributing to
the overall success of the product and team.

Here’s some further info, what I normally send out on Linkedin but the full
job spec is attached too.

I'm reaching out as I am currently looking for great Developers with
experience using Python (Django/Flask), to join us here at Criton Apps. We
are keen to become the leading aggregator of guest facing technology within
the hospitality sector, across the globe. The team has already built a great
product with our clients being able to build their own app but now the goal
is to transform our app building product into something that can integrate
seamlessly with hotels and their current systems. Criton is growing
extremely quickly, initially a team of 2, we are now a team of 14, with the
development team sitting at 7 people. New colleagues have joined in January
and will look to be up to 30 staff by the end of the year. We are based in
Codebase, Edinburgh's best known tech incubator and offer a relaxed and
trusting culture in collaborative working environment. You will get to build
a bespoke app building tool, backed by our recent £5 million pound
investment. Here at Criton we are offering industry standard salaries (not
start up salaries) with benefits including Perkbox, salary sacrifice for
holidays or child care vouchers etc. Pension with People's pension, free tea
and coffee, regular staff events, flexible working. We really want people to
be invested and be part of the journey, your ideas will be listened to,
taken on board and implemented into the projects, giving you a sense of
ownership and achievement. If you'd be interested in hearing more, I can
pass on more information and I'd be happy to organise a coffee with our tech
lead at our office in Codebase.

I appreciate that most of you will not be looking for a new role, and that’s
fine but please keep Criton in mind if you have any friends or former
colleagues who would be keen on hearing more. From my perspective there is
no pushy sales from a recruiter, we just want the best people to join the
team and be a great fit as a company for you too. My contact details are
below and please do get in touch, even if you are not keen and just want to
touch base.

I’ve also included our tech lead Cedric on the email if you feel more
comfortable speaking to him.

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

<https://www.critonapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Ron-Crawford-signatur
e.jpg>

Ron Crawford