[Python Edinburgh] Events Are On Meetup.com

Mark Smith mark.smith at practicalpoetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 10:57:09 EDT 2017

Hi All,

TL;DR: If you're not signed up at https://www.meetup.com/Python-Edinburgh/ -
then you probably should be.

I suspect there's a few people who think that we've been a bit quiet for a
few months, and it occurred to me I should let you know what's happened.

We've been running a Meetup.com group in parallel to this list for a while.
I didn't set it up, and I don't like Meetup that much. BUT it does make it
very easy to organise recurring events, and one month when I forgot to send
out an email to this list, as I have done late almost every month since the
group began, the meetup happened anyway (because of a recurring event
notice on Meetup.com) - which was great!

Every month more people find this group through Meetup.com. We currently
have nearly 700 people signed up there. To contrast, this list has 279
members (despite the meetup group encouraging people to also sign up here).
I suspect several people belong to both lists.

So from now on I'm reducing the effort of organising new events by
organising them on Meetup.com. If you wish to be notified of our events,
please sign up there. I'm not getting rid of this mailing list - please
continue to use it or not use it as you see fit!

(Also we have a pub meetup this evening, downstairs at Milnes Bar from 6pm.
Please come along!)

Mark