[Python Edinburgh] pandas/numpy/scipy/pyspark/R/spark/etc 'data science' group?

Bald, Glenn Glenn.Bald at forestry.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Jun 24 09:55:03 CEST 2015

We (Forestry Commission) have also been looking at the use of R. We have
an  internal python user group which is focused mainly on the use of
Python with Geographic data (GIS). We are using mainly ESRI based
technology, but also open source products such as QGIS. The use of R
came up at the last meeeting. I would imagen there would be some
interest in a both joint projects and any general discussions.