[Python Edinburgh] Talks!

Magnus Hagdorn magnus.hagdorn at marsupium.org
Wed Sep 3 11:32:11 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 10:05 +0100, Bald, Glenn wrote:
> Hello,

> I do think there is a space for Educational/Presentational effents
> that could have pizza and beer/coffee after. So yes if someone comes
> along and wishes to organise its a good thing. BUT should not clash
> with the timing of the pub meetup.

<delurking>
I haven't managed to make it to a pub meeting but really should do.
Having more stuff in my calendar makes it even more tricky. So I'd
prefer to keep it simple. I think the issue with talks is that it is
tricky getting a stream of good talks. So having regular pub meetings
with the occasional talk is more feasible.

> Since I am emailing everyone Does anyone use Python in a GIS context?

We (at the School of GeoSciences) have a good number of people using
python in a GIS context, both together with arcgis and gdal and friends.

Any particular questions?

Cheers
magnus