[Python Edinburgh] Python Workshop/Support group Edinburgh

Magnus Hagdorn magnus.hagdorn at marsupium.org
Mon Dec 1 22:00:48 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-01 at 12:06 +0000, Bald, Glenn wrote:
> Who is interested in coming either to learn or to mentor? Anyone like
> to take the lead and organise or help organise? Do be shy or this will
> never get off the ground.

Hi all,
I have run python workshops in the past and would be happy to do so for
this occasion. I have run a scientific visualisation workshop which
really is a basic python intro in which I cover very basic language
features, I/O and simple plotting which should be enough to replace most
excel spreadsheets. The second course focuses on object oriented
programming which is a lot more theoretical and covers inheritance,
special methods and writing your own types to do useful stuff. The first
workshop assumes no prior knowledge, the second one does assume some
basic familiarity with python and a general idea what programming is
about (loops, functions, etc). Both workshops take about half a day
each. As I said, I'd be happy to run the courses again. The main
question is one of time - I suspect it would have to be a Saturday
afternoon or maybe on a couple of evenings. I'd also need some helpers
who would help with the practical bits.

Cheers
magi