[Python Edinburgh] web based IRC

Ed HAWKINS ed.hawkins at st.com
Wed Sep 28 17:52:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

I finally managed to find a web based IRC that's not blocked by our super über-officious company firewall:
http://lightirc.com/

But when running it, I get:

[16:26:04] Running lightIRC 1.1 Build 30. Project home: www.lightirc.com<http://www.lightirc.com>
[16:26:24] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.freenode.net/python-edinburgh (port 843).

Is it possible for someone to modify the IRC server to allow connections from a Flash client on the python-edinburgh freenode channel?
See:
http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions

(or does it mean it's just our web server blocking flash?)

Thanks, Ed.

Ed Hawkins
Applications Engineer
ST Microelectronics (Imaging)