[Python Edinburgh] Python Developer - Django | Edinburgh, Scotland | £30,000-£45,000

Pearse Kelly Pearse.Kelly at edenscott.com
Fri Oct 28 12:54:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've just been speaking to Dougal Matthews and he said to post my job request to the mailing list:

Eden Scott's client, a pioneer in their field, who are enjoying tremendous success and continued growth offer an excellent opportunity for a Python Developer to join their creative development team based in the centre of Edinburgh.

They are looking for someone that is passionate about building high-quality, high-performance, scalable systems and are experienced and accomplished developers in the following technologies:

You will be an experienced and accomplished developer in the following technologies:

·         Building web applications using Python & Django

·         Building rich web experiences with AJAX / JavaScript / HTML

·         Developing and working with XML or JSON-based Web Services

·         Automated Unit Testing with unittest and the Django test framework

Ideally, you will also have experience with at least some of the following:

·         Working with at least one major JavaScript library (YUI / jQuery)

·         Working on large-scale consumer-facing websites

·         Experience of working within agile teams

·         Software design patterns

·         Branched development with version control (SVN / TFS / Git etc.)

·         Continuous Integration (CC.NET / TeamCity)

·         SQL databases and SQL programming

·         NoSQL data stores (e.g. CouchDB / MongoDB / Membase)

·         SOLR / Lucene

·         SOA

·         Message-oriented Middleware (e.g. MSMQ / RabbitMQ /ActiveMQ /NServiceBus)

·         Linux administration/deployment

·         Ruby, rake and Chef/Puppet

·         C#/ ASP.net development

If you would like to join one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for and are looking for a challenging but rewarding position with excellent benefits and career development opportunities please send your CV ASAP to pearse.kelly at edenscott.com or call me on 0141 410 1018.

Thanks for your time,

Pearse

Pearse Kelly
Senior Consultant

Tel: 0141 410 1000
Direct: 0141 410 1018
Fax: 0141 248 6214

www.edenscott.com

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. It must not be read, copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee(s) named above. If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Eden Scott Ltd unless otherwise specifically stated. As Internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for any change made to this message after the original sender sent it. We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Eden Scott Ltd trades from 26 St Andrews Square, Edinburgh EH2 1AF Registered in Scotland SC243605
Copyright 2009 Eden Scott Ltd, All Rights Reserved.