[Python Edinburgh] Python Edinburgh Mini Conference (20th - 22nd May)

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:31:02 CEST 2011

Python Edinburgh Mini Conference
================================

The Python Edinburgh Mini Conference is a weekend Python conference taking
place from the 20th-22nd May in the centre of Edinburgh.

The event will begin with a pub meetup in the evening, and the following two
days will centre around Django coding sprints interspersed with talks,
lightning talks, free pizza, and anything else the delegates bring
to the party!

The event is being sponsored by Skyscanner, which is hosting the event at
its fantastic offices on Waterloo Place, just around the corner from
Waverley Station.

Tickets
---------------------------
Tickets are free but since we have limited space are on a first come first
served basis. Reserve your ticket here:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1598590427

Pub Meetup: Friday 20th May
---------------------------
The 'unofficial' start to the conference will be a pub meetup in the centre
of the city for decent beer and vaguely python-related banter. All are
welcome!

Sprints: Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May
The sprints are primarily aimed at working on the Django codebase, and
support
will be provided to developers not sure how to get started. The aim is to
ensure that less experienced developers are partnered with more experienced
developers, so developers of any ability should be able to take part.

If you want to come along and hack on something else in a developer-friendly
environment, you will be more than welcome.

Talks: Saturday & Sunday
------------------------
We have two speakers confirmed, and hopefully more on the way.

Lightning Talks
We encourage delegates to come along with something they'd be prepared to
talk
about for 5 minutes (or less!) Have you done something cool with Python?
What
do you know about Python that no-one else knows about? Come along and let
us know!

Further Information