[Python Edinburgh] web based IRC

Kevin kevin at glazenburg.com
Tue Dec 20 00:17:37 CET 2011

Hello,

I noticed your post about lightirc, I'm help people out at the support
channel for lightirc.
As stated on the website:
*
When you can't connect to a server and the client shows a security sandbox
violation message, the server the IRCd is running on does not allow
connections from a Flash client.
Due to the socket security policy Adobe introduced with Flash Player
9,0,124 you are forced to have a daemon that delivers a crossdomain.xml to
allow establishing a connection.
It is not a restriction of lightIRC, but one of Adobe Flash!*

This means you can't even *open* a connection to the irc server if it
doesn't have a flash policy deamon. This means you can't be sure it's not
blocked by your company firewall, unless you test it on a server that runs
a flash policy deamon. If you're looking for a irc client that isn't
blocked by your company firewall, I advise using Mibbit (www.mibbit.com),
using irssi trough a ssh server or portforwarding trough a ssh server. You
could also look into Lightirc Proxy (
http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/proxy).

If you need any other information, I'd be happy to help. :)

Kind regards,
Kevin Glazenburg

Silly dutch disclaimer:
De informatie uit dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Gebruik door anderen is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging en
verstrekking van informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan.
Aan de inhoud van dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.