[Python Edinburgh] Hack Session

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 15:41:23 CEST 2010

On 8 October 2010 14:29, Dan Jacob <danjac354 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are class-based generic views still going into 1.3 ? I know they were
> supposed to be in 1.2 but didn't make the cut.

I'm going to go out of a limb and say yes. There is 102 (!!!) message long
email thread on the subject[1] that seems to have mostly come to a
conclusion thankfully. Unfortunately this feature was victum to heavy
bikeshedding[2].

I don't think there is anything we can add to it really, its basically done.
There are just many different view points on the level of abstraction and
how multi-threaded actions are handled (i.e. should it be safe to store on
self).

Dougal

p.s. not sure if you meant to reply off list but I cc'ed us back on.

[1]:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/27cec79b784ef73f/d984fd1314fe7334
[2]: http://bikeshed.com/