[docs] [issue37390] Generate table of audit events for docs

Karthikeyan Singaravelan report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jun 24 14:32:23 EDT 2019

Karthikeyan Singaravelan <tir.karthi at gmail.com> added the comment:

I just tried an initial attempt at this and a screenshot as attached. I followed the approach similar to the one at https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/development/tutorials/todo.html to gather all todos. The approach was to append all the audit event directives to a list as they are collected. I then created an AuditEventListDirective for post processing once rst files were read and created an empty page with only the audit-event-list-table directive. I rendered the audit items in the list into a table and then replaced the audit-event-list-table directive in the page with the table content. Unfortunately, I couldn't proceed further due to some odd sphinx error during builds on moving this to a new index and limited sphinx skills.

+1 to the idea. It would be helpful to have all the audit events under one page for reference.

https://github.com/python/cpython/compare/master...tirkarthi:bpo37390

Added file: https://bugs.python.org/file48436/Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 11.54.58 pm.png