[docs] [issue35927] Intra-package References Documentation Incomplete

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Feb 8 14:14:27 EST 2019

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

3.6 only gets security patches.

I cannot comment on relative imports as I never use them, but the absolute imports should work and do for me.  I just added to idlelib.idle_test a file a.py containing 'from idlelib.idle_test import htest' and it works find.  The idlelib and idle_test __init__.py files are not empty, but that should not make a difference.  In fact, many of the test_xyz modules already import from the non-test utility modules in the same directory.

The error messsage suggests that you did not put the top level package directory, 'sound', in a directory in sys.path, as you must.  What directory contains your sound package and what is your sys.path?  I suspect that this should be closed as 'not a bug'.

nosy: +brett.cannon, eric.snow, ncoghlan, terry.reedy
versions: +Python 3.7, Python 3.8 -Python 3.6