[docs] [issue33598] ActiveState Recipes links in docs, and the apparent closure of Recipes

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Fri May 25 23:22:21 EDT 2018

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

> I have seen no official announcement of a shutdown date for
> the code.activestate.com website, but it's future has to be
> in question considering the migration.

We can check with ActiveState but my understanding is that they're leaving the existing web pages up (they already reduced the maintenance burden to zero by eliminating new updates so that the site wouldn't be spammed).

So, I don't think there is a real issue here.  Also, I prefer the existing links because they include more than code (there is also exposition, commentary, history, and fork references).

priority: normal -> low