[docs] [issue33426] Behavior of os.path.join does not match documentation

SilentGhost report at bugs.python.org
Sat May 5 00:12:33 EDT 2018

SilentGhost <ghost.adh at runbox.com> added the comment:

your example actually produces '/abc//def/'.

However, I'm not sure where do you get the idea that it should clean up internal directory separators or do anything at all with the strings in paths. To me it reads like it's concatenating arguments skipping over the empty ones unless it's also the last one.

In any case, what would you propose to fix the language to describe the behaviour more clear?

nosy: +SilentGhost