[docs] [issue33095] Cross-reference isolated mode from relevant locations

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jun 17 07:40:55 EDT 2018

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> added the comment:

xtreak: if you're familiar with GitHub workflows, then we now accept docs and code updates as GitHub PRs: https://devguide.python.org/pullrequest/

The parts about running the tests aren't exactly relevant here, what's more relevant is building the documentation: https://devguide.python.org/documenting/#building-the-documentation

In relation to your draft patch, I think that's a good starting point, but for -c and -m, it's the current directory that gets omitted, rather than "the script's directory" (that isn't well defined when anything other than a path is passed in).

For making "-" and "<script>" hyperlinkable, you'll need to add a label definition to the Sphinx source code immediately before those description sections. I'd suggest ".. _cmdarg-dash:" and ".. _cmdarg-script:" so the resulting anchors look similar to the option ones, without being the same.